Friday, August 1, 2014

To my son, in heaven

Dear baby,

   The Buddhists say you stopped by on your way to nirvana for one last round. You came so you could be there for the incredible moment when tiny fingers blossomed from the rosebud of your shape. So you could be loved one last time in a warm place with no suffering. Your feet never touched the ground; I carried you everywhere you went. I loved you from the day you were made.
   The scientists say that us mothers carry our children's DNA with us, in our blood streams. They tell me what I already knew, which is that I will carry you in my heart until the day that I die.
   Today is the day you were supposed to arrive. I know you're in a better place, baby, but I sure do wish you were here.
   I carry you in my heart, baby boy, and I love you so much.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment