Tuesday, August 26, 2014

All made better by the sound of your heart.

Today's ultrasound was perfect. Baby was measuring right on, with a strong heartbeat that was the most beautiful sound in the world. And afterwards, I dragged my husband into Pottery Barn Kids. (Because I felt that he hadn't been sufficiently terrified by the forty-five minute wait for the doctor to come in and do the scanning; the poor guy really needed to see his wife drool over $35 elephant-shaped baby slippers to reach maximum anxiety.)

Relieved doesn't even begin to describe it. I won't unclench entirely until after the first trimester (oh, who am I kidding? I won't unclench entirely until the kid is retirement age) but I am really letting myself feel optimistic now. In a couple of days, maybe I'll even be hopeful enough to buy some elephant-shaped baby slippers. (Dear Lord, they were adorable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment