Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fourteen weeks, two days

And all of these things that make this pregnancy so different from the first one.

Like the perfect twelve week scan with a beautiful, wiggly little guy flailing his tiny arms and legs and doing flips in my uterus.

Like a terrified late night rush to the emergency room which ended in tears of joy rather than tears of sorrow, after a scan revealed a perfect baby with a perfect heartbeat.

Telling people. Saying it out loud, making it official. Watching my body sprout the beginnings of a baby bump.

And finally being in the second trimester. It's such a relief. I kind of never thought I'd actually be here. Now, I just can't wait for April so we can meet our snuggly baby boy. And this time, I actually believe that we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment