Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Testing, testing...

Today is 10 days post ovulation, the magical day when your results on a First Response Early Results test are more likely than not to be positive if you are, in fact, knocked up. I went to sleep last night thinking, "Okay, in the morning, it's test time."

I woke up bleary-eyed and full-bladdered, shuffled into the bathroom and peed on a stick. Waited three minutes, held the test up to the light, squinted at it and tilted it to view every angle. Negative. Tossed it in the trash and went back to bed.

As I drifted back to sleep, I noticed the time on the clock: 11:30 pm. What the fuck? So basically, instead of testing with first morning urine on 10 dpo, I tested with a ninety minute hold on 9 dpo. Brilliant.

So now I'm back to holding onto my last shred of hope for this cycle, and feeling like this:

Not sure what the source of this image is, but it's obviously someone pretty brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment