Thursday, November 20, 2014

Achievement unlocked: 20 weeks!

I've made it past the halfway point now, with a belly full of wiggles and kicks, and it's really feeling - well, real. There are real movements, real back aches and sciatica and heartburn, and real people getting up to give me their seats on the subway. (Though it's way more common that folks glance at my belly and then suddenly become very interested in their newspaper/magazine/Kindle. New Yorkers, you guys are a bunch of jerks sometimes.)

Our anatomy scan is tomorrow, and the teeny tiny little post-traumatic-stress voice inside my head is like, "Don't get too cocky until after tomorrow! Don't forget all of the things that could still go wrong!" But honestly, I have a feeling that everything is fine - so I'm just going to go with that.

I went to the Big City Mom's Biggest Baby Shower last week, and came away with quite the haul of baby supplies! Their gift bags were ridiculously good - I think I have seven or eight bottles now, and scads of pacifiers, bibs, infant toys, diapers and one super soft baby blanket that I can't stop rubbing on my cheek. Besides the full size bottles of stretch mark oils, mom-friendly lotions and "boob cream" that I've been lavishly rubbing all over my body, the contents of the bag have been tucked away in the closet where my superstitious husband can pretend they aren't there. He also doesn't know that I've been secretly adding sweet little baby clothes to the stash. How could it possibly be bad luck to stumble across the cutest little knitted sweaters at 75% off, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment